Friday, January 8, 2010

Road Trip

During the holidays, I went on a road-trip out west.
On the first day, Monday, December 28, we drove
from Winnipeg to Calgary. I would tell a story from this day, but I'm pretty sure you'd find a story about me sitting in a car all day quite dull, so I'll try to fast-forward to the fun stuff.

On Tuesday, we drove out to Banff. Wow. I've only seen mountains once before, so I was amazed. The scenery around there was astounding. If you've never seen a sight like this one, I strongly recommend you go here, even just to see the beautiful Rockies.

The next day, Wednesday, we stumbled upon Bridal Falls. Nestled in the mountains was a secluded paradise of moss covered trees, freshly fallen snow, and a waterfall that looks like a bride's veil. The site was closed for the winter, but a server from a small dinner up the road said we could make to the top on foot. We had the falls all to ourselves.



And then, we went to Seattle. Which, by the way, is where I'm going to end up living one day. I spent the past weekend exploring the down-town of Seattle. Everything was amazing there. From seeing the original Starbucks location, standing on the top level of the space needle, watching men through fish around Pike Place Market for a crowd of camera-clad tourists, the architecturally-praised new public library, to simply seeing the view from my 24th-floor hotel room.


The main thing I learned from this trip was that I have not seen enough of the world around me. Even within Canada, there is so much that I have not yet seen. So far, however, Seattle is my favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment